Monday, March 26, 2012

March 25th - No Gi (Purple Wink)

Conan taught a pretty good class yesterday with the focus on kimura and omma-plata.  We did some drills to set these techniques up and then went over some common defenses and counters. 

Fuji and I weren't working well together yesterday.  When I was trying to step around him I "accidentally" kneed him in the side of the head.  Then he kept getting mad at me for not putting my leg on his shoulder and then not tapping when he was doing one of the variations incorrectly.  We each might have put a little bit too much pressure during that same pass on the stomach.  Just kidding Fuji, I luv ya.

For open mat Adam and I went 3 or 4 times he tapping me out each time.  However, I was doing some good things. There was a lot of fighting for underhooks and hanging out in half guard.  I tried the over-under pass a few times and was partially successful except I couldn't control his leg as well without the pants to hold onto.  There was one point where I thought I had him in a north-south choke but he powered out of it.  At least I know I had him a little worried.  He got me with an armbar and americana. 

I rolled with Ken to finish the day off.  I was so close to getting him in an armbar from guard but it wasn't meant to be.  We had quite a few scrambles which were enhanced by the new mats being so slippery.  Neither of us tapped the other out in the end and we decided to quit.  Ken informed me that I had a little bit of a shiner which looks worse than it feels.  I've been asked if my wife beats me to which I answer, "No, I fell down the stairs."


1 comment:

  1. you need to wash off that eye-liner when you leave the My Chemical Romance show.

    ReplyDelete