Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 5th - Gi

Jerad taught class yesterday which which focused on triangle and armbar from closed guard starting with an overhook.  I've had limited success with this in the past but I always run into the problem of keeping the other person's posture down once I get into the triangle position.

We did the king of the mat with 4 groups trying to pass or submit.  I did some good things and passed a few people.  I wasn't as good at preventing getting passed though.

I rolled with Erik for open mat.  It turned out to be a tough match.  I don't think I was ever in danger of getting submitted but he was crushing me every time I was on bottom.  I took his back a couple of times but just couldn't get into a good position.  I thought I had a pretty good RNC on him but not good enough to make him tap.  Eventually he shrugged me off his back.  We went back and forth several times and we mutually decided to quit, while I was the one that suggested it so I'd have to say that I lost by verbal tap.

I might need a little break and some rest to get back to 100%.  Right now I'm feeling a little beat down and sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment