Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7th - Morning Open

The regular Wednesday morning crew of myself, Greg, Ken, Robert, and Erik showed up this morning.  Greg and I drilled a little first.  He worked on his sweep from reverse DLR from combat base.  I worked on recovering from a failed triangle, I've heard it called crazy legs but Greg showed me a little differently than what I've seen.  Basically as they go to pass I kind of shrimp away and bring my knee and shin across their belly and then the other leg goes to the other side around their head to hold them down.  Finally work your way to guard or another triangle attempt.  I don't feel completely comfortable with it yet so I'll have to drill it some more.

We opened it up for 4 minute rounds and rolled.  I rolled with everyone a couple of times.  I'm at a low point again in my Jiu-Jitsu moral, mostly due to my ribs and back slowing me down.  Probably the best thing I did was that I had Erik's back for a while and I had the rear naked choke hooked up.  Although I couldn't get my hand behind his head.  I was so close but couldn't make him tap once again.  Looking back on it I should have switched to the Ezekiel choke, I think I could have finished that since I was wearing a gi and he wasn't.

Erik ended up getting me once in an Americana while in half guard.  Greg got me with a bow and arrow choke, I was so focused on his other hand that I didn't think that he'd just grab my collar but he did.   I felt like I kind of laid in the bottom half guard for most of the rest of the matches. 

Greg showed Robert and I a cool reversal from half guard when someone is going for a darce.  I'm going to have to drill this too.


No comments:

Post a Comment