Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28th - Morning Open

In attendance along with myself this morning was Ken, Robert, and James.  We set the timer on the app on my phone for 5 minutes and we just rolled and switched partners as the timer went off. 

I think I only got tapped out twice, although I could be forgetting through selective memory.  The first was by James who took my back and got me in an rnc.  He showed me some pointers about what he likes to do in back mount like using his heals on the hip bones and squeezing with his thighs.  I will drill it next time I get a chance.

Robert and I had quite a few battles and I got excited that I was going to finally tap him out.  I had him in a north-south choke twice and he eventually got out of it both times.  He said he was close which is just a kick in the pants.  I should have done the figure 4 and held his shoulder like Conan showed us.  We haven't done no-gi in a while and we were both slipping on the new mats quite a bit.  It really helped with escaping side control.  My sit-outs seem to have improved at least I'm quicker to try it rather than wait and then telegraph it.  He got me at one point with an americana.  Which I kind of walked right into as I was in half guard trying to roll him over.

Ken and I had our average war.  I try and try to pass him and he eventually frustrates me and I get rolled over.  We have a couple of scrambles I end up in half guard, etc.

I ended up in the Over-Under Pass position several times.  I'm feeling a lot more comfortable and stronger there than previously now that I'm not as concerned with the triangle as long as I control their leg.  I just need to figure out how to complete the pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment