Thursday, December 10, 2015

December 10th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Standing Guard Break, Toreando Pass, Over/Under Pass
Partner: Casey, Chris C

One thing that I questioned about doing the toreando pass today was what roll do my elbows play.  I thought I needed to control their calves with my elbows but I notice Greg doesn't do much of that.  I'll have to talk to him about it later.  Otherwise I worked on getting my grips and getting up as efficiently as possible.

Rolling: Guard KOTM, Free Rolling (5 min)
Rolled With: Casey, Chris, Brian G, Bhuvana, Byrav, Dave

Had some good rolls and did the standing guard break and toreando when I could.  From the bottom I felt a little sluggish with some of my sweeps like they weren't clicking today.  I also got stuck in the omoplata position with the arm tapped behind the back and couldn't finish it just like in my tournament match.

Office Hours Partner: Greg, Casey

Greg went over the 2 on 1 with Casey and then showed me how to finish that omoplata.  My problem was that I was pushing down on their arm but coming up with them when I should have been pulling on their shoulder more.  Also doing a couple hip escapes really tightened it up.  This is going to be great [Wrings hands and laughs maniacally]

No comments:

Post a Comment