Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December 8th 2015 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Butterfly Guard: Armdrag, Hook Sweep, Knee Tap
Partner: Ben

Felt pretty excited about coming into class today and starting fresh.  Coming off of this tournament I don't really have anything pressing that I want to work on right away.  I need to think about it more, but one thing that I learned is I need to tighten up my game plan and stick to it.  Even though the toe hold was there I was probably better off not attempting a submission that I didn't have much practice finishing.  Greg said he was happy with my performance which goes a long way and gave me a few specific things to think about like a toe hold from the omoplata position. 

We actually went through these techniques recently, but it was a good refresh.  I did a little better today on the knee tap.  I focused on hanging off the side and getting a deeper underhook during the hook sweep like I have been. 

Rolling: Butterfly Guard KOTM, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Mike A, Robert, Bhuvana, Tom, Brian G, Ben, Chris (New)

Nice to do some king of the mat.  I tried my best to set up a hook sweep but had a difficult time finishing it.  I was able to go to x-guard once and attempt some arm drags that turned into sweeps.  I don't feel as confident in my passing or at least I don't feel like I've nailed down my specific go to passes like I have with gi pants involved.  I had some pretty tough but interesting rolls with both Mike and Robert. 

We switched to a 5 minute free roll and I went with Tom.  Apparently he had some help from Conan and learned some defenses to some of the submissions that I have caught him with in the past.  It really made a difference as he foiled several of my attempts.







No comments:

Post a Comment