Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1st 2015 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing in guard: Sweeping, Knee Bar
Partner: Mike A, Robert

Not my favorite technique choices today, I was a little bit worried about hurting myself as I have felt some weird knee pressure from the sweep in the past.  It turned out to be okay and I never really felt any discomfort.  I did have some issues with finding the angle to use my hips to sweep with.  Also Greg emphasized that we needed to keep our guard closed throughout the whole sweep.  It is something that I've seen Xande use so it is worth looking into. 

Robert and I had some trouble with the knee bar but we were getting it close to the end.  I needed to focus on dropping my knee first and then kicking the leg way over and getting on my head and shoulder to roll them over.  We kept landing on our outside leg.

Rolling: Guard (4 x 2 min), Free Rolling
Rolled With: Greg, Tom, Mike

Greg had the top person stand up to pass guard to give the bottom person more chances to do what we worked on.  I did a few good things against Greg but ultimately was foiled by single leg-x. 

Mike caught me several times with leg locks.  I feel like my defenses are getting better but he still eventually gets ahead of me.  He also hit a really cool reverse kimura that I may have to research. We talked about some deep half stuff after trying to figure out how he could step over my head every time I go to deep half.





No comments:

Post a Comment