Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Seoi Nage, Cross Collar from Back, Bow and Arrow, Guillotine from Guard
Partner: Chris

Mike and I decided to teach 2 weeks at a time so we would each get a throw and a self defense technique to teach.  For Seoi Nage I decided to focus more on the drop version as I've had more success with that in rolling.

My gag reflex really bothered me during practicing all of the chokes.  Being demonstrated on can kind of suck at times as you can sit there with the choke half way applied while the teacher explains some of the finer points, it's not always comfortable.  I stopped using the bow and arrow for a while and I feel like I lost a step in it a little bit, but it didn't take long to get it back. 

Rolling: Back Mount (4 x 2 min), Free Rolling
Rolled With: Chris, Ben, Bhuvana

Rolling went by like a flash and for some reason I don't remember much of what happened today.  I felt pretty good about attacking the back and maintaining harness grip. Ben made the comment that we helped improve his back mount last week in class.

Office Hours Partner: Mike

Mike and I rolled probably 4 times and there was a lot of back and forth.  Quite a bit of it ended up being ankle lock and 50/50 centric.  He's feeling a little beat up from all of the training with us bigger guys so be let me have a few things he normally wouldn't. I told him afterwards that he is solely responsible for improving my leg lock game. Hopefully I can return the favor to someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment