Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 18th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Basic Escape from Backmount, RNC
Partner: Tom

Mike taught today and had some good insight on the techniques.  Some tips on the techniques:
  • Escaping, head control is huge.  I like to drive with my head in the direction that I want to escape to.
  • Backmount in general, harness grip is more important than hooks.  Bring your wrist up higher more across their neck and use your elbows more to press against their shoulder and ribs. Use your chin on their shoulder.
  • RNC, this is not an easy submission in the gi but it is one of the most used in MMA to finish.  The part that I'm focusing on right now is getting under the chin and keeping it as I grab the shoulder.
Rolling: Back Mount (2 x 2 min), Shark Tank Free Rolling
Rolled With: Tom, Dave, Ben

Had some great rolls.  I focused on going after what I wanted and being a little more aggressive with trying to get to the top position.  Cardio held up pretty well.  Mike and I rolled together after class and there were some 50/50 position moments that I felt lost with, but it's good practice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment