Thursday, November 19, 2015

November 19th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: HeadLock Escape to Tani Otoshi, Basic Escape from Backmount, RNC
Partner: Bhuvana, Ben, Robert

Bhuvana had a little trouble with the takedown at first but by the end it all came together.  Dealt with escaping to the overhook side since I usually go to the underhook side when drilling.  Worked a little more on trapping the arm during the RNC.  Robert was having a little trouble with getting around my shoulders to hook his feet together. 

Rolling: Back Mount (2 x 2 min), Shark Tank 8 minute Hell Drill
Rolled With: Robert, Ben

Robert and I rolled back control and I felt pretty good about both my escapes and attacks.  Then Bhuvana had to take off so Greg had Ben and Robert start with me on the bottom of mount, back mount, side mount, turtle and then a roll from the knees.  I was able to keep from getting submitted and only felt in trouble of one once.  I was escaping back mount but Robert transitioned into an arm triangle, however I was able to get half guard and pry myself out just barely.  I noticed my breathing quite a few times but felt like I kept up the pace pretty well.  My main objective was to get on top as efficiently and as quickly as possible.  Not very easy to complete with Robert.



No comments:

Post a Comment