Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 14th 2015 - Open Mat

We had a bit of a situation Friday morning that I avoided talking about until I had more information. We had to call an ambulance to take Conan to the hospital for a minor stroke event.  Craig and I were there getting warmed up when I went to ask Conan if he was feeling okay. He was having trouble finding some words and was not himself.  Craig called the ambulance while I stayed with Conan. Help came fairly quickly and took him within a half an hour.

I heard from him a few times throughout the day as they ran tests and discovered he had a hole in his heart. When I saw him today he seemed like himself again.  He said that they were going to get his heart taken care of in a couple weeks and and that I could let people know what happened.

Open Mat
Rolled With: Bhuvana, Craig, Bauer, Mike A, Jordan
Game Plan: Cross Guard Stuff

I helped teach kids class today but my kids weren't able to attend. After class Bhuvana and I rolled a bit.  She took me a little by surprise with a little aggressiveness and I had to scramble to stay ahead a bit.  We went over turning a kimura from the bottom of side control into a farside armbar.

I rolled with Craig and spent some time attacking in mount.  We spent some time on mount defense after that.  Told him to keep his elbows in and use them as much as possible.

Bauer and I drilled several techniques to prep for submission challenge. I gave some pointers on what I could and worked on some cross guard.  We had quite a roll with a lot of position changes and was at a decent pace.

Had some good rolls with Mike.  I ended up in deep half a couple times and waiter sweep is really coming together for me I just need to work on finishing it.

Jordan's back after recovering from knee surgery. Hopefully for good this time. He's interested in working on half guard so maybe I can assist him with that.  We rolled and he was a little rusty but still knows his stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment