Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3rd 2015 - No Gi All Levels (Put Out)

Theme & Techniques: Double Leg, Cross Body Straight Ankle Lock
Partner: Andy

Had a good turnout for our first noon no-gi class.  Greg gave a little speech about how ankle locks would be more emphasized and who was allowed to do what.  Great, while I'm not good at ankle locks I've been wanting to focus on them and have taken a special interest lately. 

Double leg felt decent, I'm still working on improving the penetration step but feel good about turning the corner.  I feel like I'm gaining confidence with the straight ankle.  I think Greg explaining where to put the toes has made a huge difference. 

Rolling: Guard (2 x 2 min), Side Control (2 x 2 min), Free Rolling (2 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Andy, Fuji, Ben, Mike

Well it had to happen sometime, Andy choked me unconscious today for the first time in BJJ.  I was in the process of passing his guard when he grabbed his hands around my neck and setup a no-gi baseball bat.  I remember thinking that I just need to posture and keep my head up, oh wait maybe I should tap, but then I woke up with Fuji slapping me on the chest.  I'm pretty sure I said something like, "what happened?"  It took a while for me to remember what had occurred.  Oh well life goes on and hopefully I'll defend that better next time.

Had some other good rolls and went on as usual.  Fuji with side control and free rolled with Ben.  Had some ankle lock fights with Mike and while I did okay and almost caught him in one but he actually caught me with 2. 

Office Hours Partner: Mike

We went over some ankle locks and discussed defending the choke Andy put on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment