Friday, November 6, 2015

November 6th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: RNC Defense to O-Soto Gari, Kneeling Guard Break to Single Under Pass
Partner: Craig

Always fun to work with Craig.  I don't think I treated him very well with the pass though but helped him do it better so he could get me back.  Definitely want to reiterate when doing this pass go straight forward and put them on both of their shoulders, then turn 90 degrees.

Rolling: Guard (4 x 4 min), Free Rolling (2 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Criag, Josh, Dave

Rolling went well I went for the single under pass when I could and hit it a couple times.  I'm also trying to do more of my A game to prep for the tournament.  I'm also trying to be the initiator instead of the counter fighter that I usually am.

Office Hours Partner: Andy, Conan

After class Conan and Andy were working on the pendulum sweep and I showed him my cross guard stuff and we rolled for a bit.  He seemed to appreciate it because it was similar to what he was already doing.

Conan and I had a heck of a roll. I spent most of the time on top trying to pass guard, sometimes succeeding only to be put back in guard again.  It was both physically and mentally tasking but also fun.

Competition Class

I came back at 5:30 for our competition class to prepare for submission challenge. I won't go into the details but we worked on some rule specific things concerning the overtime rounds and then some submissions, sweeps, and guard passes that we wanted to drill. I'm pretty sore from this entire week.

No comments:

Post a Comment