Friday, November 20, 2015

November 20th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: HeadLock Escape to Tani Otoshi, Basic Escape from Backmount, RNC
Partner: Andrew

Conan's back and we got to roll a little bit today!  This was Andrew's second time visiting and he did pretty well.  He has a bit of a background in martial arts and wrestling so that helped.  Felt pretty good about trapping the hand today, I need to work it more but I feel like I'm starting to figure it out.

Rolling: Back Mount (4 x 4 min), Free Rolling
Rolled With: Andrew, Conan

Rolled a few times in backmount and gave Andrew some pointers.  He was doing what most beginners do with the position by clamping down tight and trying to hold me in place.  After Conan told him to let the other guy move a bit and just try to stay under him he improved.

Conan and I rolled after that and he gave me a lot of trouble.  A good reminder that often he's not rolling to his full potential with me.  We'd roll for a while then discuss the good and bad things that happened and then roll again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment