Monday, December 21, 2015

December 20th 2015 - No Gi Beginner

Theme & Techniques: Single Leg, Mounted Armbar, Bicep Slicer
Partner: Darijo

Went to class today since I missed open mat yesterday. Still didn't get enough rolling though. We worked on setting up the armbar by getting the opponent to lift their elbow then moving into S mount.

I don't have too much experience with slicers mostly because they're usually not allowed in gi, so it was nice to get some reps of them.

Rolling: Mount (4 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Darijo, Shane

Mount escapes felt solid. I feel like I have a lot of options for escaping and even ending up with a deep half sweep in the process.  From the top I seem to cycle through americana, no gi Ezekiel, to guillotine and then mounted triangle. I still don't feel strong with my attacking but I do feel good about maintaining the position.  I gave Shane some pointers on technical mount and some deep half.

Office Hours Partner: Tate

Was glad Tate stuck around for a little bit. We had a good roll. I find it difficult to get to a good position on him as he always finds a way to squirm out.  He caught me with a calf cutter from the truck and I found myself without a defensive answer for it. I did some good things as well with an omoplata sweep and a toe hold attack that I need to improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment