Friday, April 20, 2012

April 19th - Gi

Class was instructed by Conan yesterday and the theme was guard passing.  It seems like there are more variations on how to pass the guard than any other part of Jiu-Jitsu.  There are some common themes like getting an underhook and keeping them from locking up their feet but beyond that I think we worked on probably 4 or 5 passes.  It was a fairly large class and I was able to partner with a lot of people. 

It seems like Adam is becoming my exclusive Thursday rolling partner.  He only tapped me once with a Kimura yesterday but of course he dominated most of the match.  I felt like I was doing a lot better at maintaining and regaining guard against him than usual.  I picked up a few pointers from what Mike does to piss me off when I'm trying to pass.  I guess I frustrated Adam enough that he resorted to his old stand by of the kimura.  We rolled again after that but cut it short to talk about a half guard sweep that he likes to do to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment