Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29th - No Gi

There was a possibility that I would be the senior student today, so I had some things planned for class. Maybe a little half guard, maybe a wrist lock or two. However, we ended up with more senior people than usual with Ken, Fuji, Mike, Adam, and Tate.

Ken lead class with a focus on judo. We had a pretty good warmup using some matts as steps. After that we did some fitting in with bands and then a partner and a few throws. I would have prefered to do more ground stuff today but I know Ken probably wanted to teach what he's more comfortable with.

We did the guard passing/sweep/submit drill and switched top and bottom with 3 minute rounds and then change partners. I was pretty tired getting toward the end, I really noticed the change to 3 minutes rather than 2 like we usually do.

After we bowed out I worked with Mike on some standing passes. This has caught my interest right now as I hardly have any of these techniques in my arsenal. I think I'll try to get Jerad or Greg to go over some in tomorrows gi class.

1 comment:

  1. i'm trying to get your stand-up up to a tournament level. i hope to see you throw someone at the next event.

    ReplyDelete