Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21st - Private Lesson (#1)

I met Greg early this morning for a private lesson.  We had been in discussions for the past couple months and we finally figured out a time when we could get together. 

Luckily when I woke up this morning I had this bright idea to pack my video camera.  It will really pay off because I've already forgotten a few of the things we worked on this morning.  We decided on 4 separate sessions each with their own purpose.  My main goal out of all of this is to be more effective off of my back.  So today's focus was preventing the guard pass. 

He warned me before we started that this would be more conceptual and theory rather than just working on straight techniques.  We first talked about the three different types of passes: Over the leg, under the leg(s), or around the legs.  Then addressed some strategies and techniques from each area.  There was quite a bit that I didn't know so all in all well worth the money.  Now I'll just have to go back and review and then encorporate what I was taught into my game.

2 comments:

  1. where's the money you owe me for letting you tap me out? Where's my 2 dollars?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to be there Wednesday morning Ken?

    ReplyDelete