Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 4th - Morning Open

Attendees included myself, Ken, and Robert.  We did 5 minute rounds just straight up rolling with 20 second rests and partner switches in between.  So after 2 matches you get to sit for 5 minutes.  I wasn't impressed with my performance but I did some good things.

My scrambling seems to be improving, I'm still weak in a lot of places and I'm on my back way too much.  I need to find my aggressiveness and go on the attack because I'm defending too much. 

I did notice today that some of my arm movements and defenses were automatic.  I've been americana'd so many times that I can spot when someone is thinking about it and moving my arm or hand just a little bit will prevent it.  I'm getting the impression that defense can be learned from just rolling but sweeps and offense needs to be drilled.  Yes I can keep myself out of danger for quite a while but to turn the tide and start putting the other person in trouble is something that needs more practice and dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment