Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 27th - Open Mat (Guillotine Day)

People were still rolling when I got there Friday.  I hate being late but it's better than not going at all.  I rolled with Mike first.  He said he wanted to go with me so he could be mentioned in my blog, so here you go Mike.  He made me defend two triangles and a guillotine that had all worried me a little bit, I think I would have tapped to them earlier in my Jiu-Jitsu career but I kept trying to improve my posture and pull my head up.  I also got him in one and I thought for sure he was going to tap.  It was so deep and against his jaw I thought for sure it was done but he eventually worked himself free.  We covered a lot of distance because every time I tried to pass his guard he'd shrimp away.  Which led us to later talk about standing passes. 

I rolled with Tate next and I was quickly armbared in our first match.  But, our second match lasted a lot longer.  Tate has a little different style than a lot of the guys at our school.  He likes to do a lot of the 10th planet moves.  I felt like I was able to get underneath him a little easier than I can others and get into deep half or come out the back door.  During one of our scrambles I was able to sink in a guillotine really tight.  It sounded like he was going to tap but he weathered it and got out.  He stacked me once and get me into the beginning of the twister position.  I was able to get my legs free and ended up in half guard.  He finished me soon after with a darce choke. 

Will and I rolled for a little while as well.  I find him to be very deceptive.  I don't remember much from our match I think I spent most of the time trying to pass his guard and then when I did he would regain it.  Once he was on top he pretty much went to north-south position.  I can't remember if he submitted me or not because we had to get off the matt for the kids class.

No comments:

Post a Comment