Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 23rd - Gi Class

Jerad theme for last night's class was knee on belly.  It was a good theme even though I had Robert's and Adam's knees on me for most of the class.  We went from holding and posturing up in the position for points to techniques to do if they're trying to push your knee off of them.  We did sliding over to mount, kimura, and far side armbar.  I don't really think of the kimura too much from here while rolling but it seems like a good possibility. 

I rolled with Adam for open mat.  It went the same as usual for the most part.  We work for a while on trying to get a good position, we do some foot fighting and he tries to put me into butterfly guard.  I end up getting swept eventually and then I go from half guard to side mount to half guard to full guard.  I was attempting to attack a little bit more and I had a few good guillotine attempts but I wasn't able to lock my hands up.  He finally had me in mount and was punishing me with cross faces and trying to isolate my arms or roll me over to take my back.  Alas I fell into the same trap that I have been.  When he passes my guard I have my hand up behind his neck he takes advantage of that and does a farside armbar.  I'm glad he pointed it out to me, otherwise it would have continued to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment