Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 30th - Gi (Sluggish)

Jerad complied with my request to work on some standing guard passes.  I guess my increase in workouts and getting up early is catching up with me because I've been feeling a little beat down. 

We started from closed guard and did a basic knee cut or baseball slide pass.  From there we moved to standing up to pass.  I believe we only did 4 passes which was perfect.  One that has eluded me is the bull fighter pass so it was good to work on that one a bit.  We had quite a few purple belts yesterday so we were paired up purple with a lower belt and I worked with Jerad for the majority of the class.

To finish the class we rotated around the room and did the guard pass/sweep/submit drill.  This is where I really started to get tired especially with Ken and Adam.  The new guys seem to be catching on okay and were doing some good things.  They seem eager to learn which it nice.

Ken and I did some randori from stand up which mostly consisted of him trying a bunch of throws and me trying my best not to get thrown.  It went back and forth a couple of times on who got who down, he definitely has the Judo skill.  We rolled after that but my gas tank was empty.  Hence he dominated me and made me tap to a kimura.  I remember thinking leading up to the submission things like "okay time to start defending now" and "come on you're getting dominated."  It didn't help.  Today is a rest day so hopefully I'll be rejuvinated for tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. i did judo today and i was really dragging. maybe, i'll have some energy in the morning.

    ReplyDelete