Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 14th - Gi

I requested an attacking the back class from Jerad last night and like usual he delivered.  We did the techniques that I expected starting with putting hooks in and staying with them as they rolled, then rear naked and other chokes like Ezekiel and Bow and Arrow.  There were some differences in the way that he taught the armbar from the back with the gi on than what I had learned with no gi.  I always thought I had to get the arm to the other side of their head but when you control their gi collar it's not completely necessary.

We drilled from the back taking turns on the back and then rotating.  Fuji recorded most of my drills.  I did my share of good and bad things.  I'll be reviewing the videos before the tournament this Saturday.

Here are the links to a few of them:

On Jerad's Back
Jerad On my back
On Will's Back
David On My Back
On David's Back
On Mike's Back
Mike On My Back

No comments:

Post a Comment