Friday, May 25, 2012

May 24th - Gi

Conan was the teacher yesterday.  We started off with a warmup some tripod stuff and then basic falling (arg!). We started off with some Judo stuff working with partners.  We worked on kimuras from side mount for the rest of the class.

Conan rolled with me first for open mat.  I felt like I was able to move a little more than I usually do with him.  I mostly spent my time in side control and then I'd get to turtle.  I don't feel like I ever attacked but I almost got half guard once, but I think he stopped me with a crossface.  I did a lot of defending but he eventually caught up to me and got me with an americana. 

The other Josh worked out yesterday.  It's been a while since he left us for Mid-America.  He did feel stronger and I noticed some little changes to his game.  He was able to take my back rather quickly using an armdrag.  I was able to escape.  From there I worked a lot of different things like spider guard, half guard, knee on belly.  I was able to pull off a couple submissions (Kimura, North/South Choke) before we had to quit.  Conan was trying to give Josh some pointers but I think we were both confused for a little while because we didn't know which Josh he was talking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment