Friday, May 4, 2012

May 3rd - Gi

Mike and I worked on some single leg defenses, which I enjoyed.  I requested we work on more wrestling when Conan asked us what we should work on.  Since there were quite a few new people we went through falling, then basics of shooting, then we partnered up and worked on double legs.  From there we went back and forth working on offense and defense with sprawls and doing the takedown.

I rolled with Garrett after class.  He seems to be learning things and doing a lot better.  I helped him a little bit with mount escapes. He didn't seem to get frustrated so I guess I really didn't need to tell him that he'll get better like I feel I have to do.

I next got destroyed by Conan.  One thing that he really likes to do is crossface in really annoying ways.  There were several times where I thought I was making progress but then he would grab my gi collar and put a forearm in my jaw and all progress would cease.  I believe he tapped me three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment