Monday, May 7, 2012

May 6th - No Gi

There were about 6 of us yesterday and the theme was the triangle choke, which was coincidental since I worked on the same thing with Brandon on Saturday.  We went through the basic setups of jump rope and pushing the elbow through then some other setups and variations. 

For open mat I rolled with Adam first.  I focused on fighting for the underhook which worked a couple of times I even was able to put him on his back briefly with an unintentional kneebar from half guard.  Adam took my back, which hasn't happened very often lately, and made me tap with the RNC. 

I rolled with Ken as well and had a lively match.  I'm still trying to workout what I can and can't do from deep half because the position seems to present itself often with Ken.  There were also a couple of times where I went for the x-guard but couldn't pull it off.  I don't recall how he tapped me out but I'm pretty sure he did, maybe a darce or something. 

2 comments: