Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9th - Morning Open

Good training today.  I worked with Fuji, Robert, Ken, and James.  Claire was there too, but left after one roll.  Today was a little disappointing to my ego.  About the only really good thing was I did a sitout on Robert that surprised him, however I didn't remember doing it.  My main focus this morning was to always be moving and be aggressive.

Fuji dominated me again.  He started with a Judo throw right into side control.  I tried to focus on breaking collar grips and he gave me some pointers from there.  His knee on belly/collar choke was one of the worst experiences of the morning.

Fuji also gave me some good coaching while I was rolling with others.  I found it difficult to follow some of his directions at times.  I know the person that is coaching me is trying to help me but it's frustrating when I can't meet their expectations so I often get a little angry at the coach.  Like if I hear "turn into him" several times in a row and I've tried to turn into them but failed I'm not sure if I should keep listening to the coach or try something else.  Plus I have this please everyone complex that makes me feel bad if I let the coach down.

My desire to improve my wrestling has continued.  I tried to start standing with everyone.  Ken and I worked on some sitouts from sprawl position.  I was always trying to stand back up or get to turtle instead of just laying back into halfguard like I normally do.  Just got to keep working on what I'm not good at.


1 comment:

  1. the wrestling isn't going to happen over night, just like jiu-jitsu.

    ReplyDelete