Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2nd - Morning Open (Wrestle)

It was just Robert and I this morning.  I guess since I told Ken I had a key he decided to take the morning off.  I set my timer for 5 minute rounds and we did a little bit on the ground.  We went back and forth a little but he dominated most of it.  My half guard is getting better but he kept on threatening the darce when I'd get my underhook and he got it once. 

After a few rounds I asked if he'd be willing to stand up.  From there I would attempt a shoot or try to get him off balance and he would always get the better of the exchange.  He gave me some pointers and I improved a little bit.  Every time I ended up on the ground he'd have me get back up but push on me to make it difficult.  It wasn't long before I was winded.  I feel like I got better as the practice went on but I'm still going to need a lot of work. 

I tweaked my lower back a bit.  Hopefully, it feels better by tomorrows class.  I also weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 202 lbs.  I don't remember the last time I was under 200 lbs, maybe 12 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. i'm not needed anymore for my key, so i've moved on. actually, i had to stay late for work. otherwise, i would have been there to whup on you.

    ReplyDelete