Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 21st - Gi (More Half)

Jerad taught class last night and we did the other side of half guard by working on passing from the top.  I already feel pretty confident with this so didn't have too many problems.  I found myself concentrating more brain power on the bottom stuff.  This was a little easier to do as I ended up on the senior side and worked with new people for the entire class.  After working on a couple of passes and rotating partners we did some 2 minute top and bottom live drilling and went through several partners with that.

I went and attacked Adam right after class and tried to pass his guard.  We ended up in half guard like usual and we both worked on our new half guard strategy.  I need to focus more on locking the leg down and controlling it because whenever I start to move my upper body my lower body kind of relaxes.  So like Ray said I need to do both.

I worked with Mike and Claire and helped them with various things.  Apparently Mike was impressed with my performance Saturday, which is weird to think about.  Have I become a student to look up to like I look up to Jerad, David, Ken, etc (there are quite a few other people).

No comments:

Post a Comment