Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 18th - Open Mat (Slow Roll)

I got to open mat at the usual time on Friday after work.  I slow rolled with David and Jerad which was fun.  Not really pushing too hard for any one thing just kind of going with the flow. 

At the end we sat in a circle and talked about game plans.  I'm pretty confident with the positions and techniques that I'm good at.  I'm going to push the pace as much as I can and play my game, not theirs.  Not give up on any positions and make my opponents work for whatever they get.  I'm only going to go forward in positions and get the position before the submission.  I've got to remind myself not to burn out and use superior technique rather than try to force things.

I'm been up for a while and couldn't get back to sleep.  I'm going to try to hit the YMCA and swim a few laps before heading to the dojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment