Monday, October 15, 2012

October 14th - No Gi

Conan was already on the mat when Sara and I walked into the Dojo.  He had warm-up drills on a couple of notebook pages ready for us.  We did a good progression of Jiu-Jitsu related warm-ups and calisthenics. 

We started out working on the hip heist and a couple of variations if they defend it.  We then defended the hip heist by pushing the leg to half guard and working to the back.  It was a nice little transition and something that fits into my game as I'm usually good at pushing a leg into half guard during a transition or scramble.  Next we worked from taking the back if the turn away in side control.

We did some training starting from turtle.  I worked with Mike and we pretty much free rolled from there.  After a lot of work, somehow we got in kind of a truck leg lock position and while he attempted a banana split I went for a toe hold and after some adjustment I got him to tap.  We rolled again but I do not recall the outcome, must be selective memory or Conan might have had us stop before it ended.  I believe I rolled with Jerad next but I don't remember the outcome of that either, I should really write these posts sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment