Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 19th - Open Mat

It was good to make it to open mat since I haven't made it in a while.  It's just too bad that I couldn't get there earlier.  There were still quite a few guys engaged in rolling.  I slow rolled with Adam for a bit to warm-up.  Once Conan was free Adam wanted to roll with him, so I waited for someone else to roll with.

The rest of the time I spent with Jerad.  He started out by letting me take side control and then I moved into mount.  He was able to bait me into thinking I could isolate his arm and then he reversed me.  From there I kind of got stuck in a loop.  I'd gain half guard and Jerad would knee cut pass me.  I'd regain half guard and Jerad would knee cut pass me.  I'd regain half guard and Jerad would knee cut pass me.  Finally I decided to try to be more aggressive and it helped a little.  I was able to sweep him from half guard once or twice and I took top position again.  Although I fell for a similar trap when I went for an armbar from side control and got rolled over.  I had to defend multiple different chokes, since it's still choke month for Jerad.  He finished me the first time with a straight arm lock.  The second time we ran out of time but he dominated me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment