Friday, January 18, 2013

January 17th - Gi

Nice large class pretty well split with experience yesterday with me falling in the middle.  Ray had us do some partner warm-up stuff with carrying each other up and down the floor, I was partnered with Wes which wasn't that big of a deal, I just wish I could have done the squats at the end in the fireman's carry.  Then we did some Judo fitting in and some throws up and down the floor. 

The Ray broke us up into groups and there seemed to be some confusion as to which group I was supposed to go with but Ray used me to demonstrate an armbar from guard on for the white belts and then let me go play with the senior belts.

Jerad had us do some sweeps from open guard.  The first one was a little difficult for me because I'm not sure about the pressure doing the shin sweep puts on my knee.  I did like the sweep though.  The second (sickle sweep) was more comfortable for me and I liked how it worked.  Next Will sent through the wrestling switch which I am a little shaky on when and how to use it.  I like it but need to know more about its applications.

We did the 8 minute drill next.  I did a full round with Jerad and then a have of one with Mike being the attacker.  I felt pretty good for the most part and I don't really get gassed out anymore during this drill.  My knee was getting fatigued by the end of class but it held up pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment