Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 1st - Gi

Yesterday was a continuation of Sunday's butterfly guard.  We started out with just lifting them up and then the basic sweep.  We worked with the over and underhook to go for armbar like submissions and then sweep when they fought the submission.  We also worked with the Conan sweep which is kind of a backward butterfly sweep rolling to your side and using the top leg to sweep them backward when they try to pass.

I had a long tough roll with Fuji who was kicking my ass in the beginning.  He went to his spider guard and then lasso and I had to use my posture to keep from getting swept at first but he eventually got me over.  We covered a lot of mat space.  I spent a lot of time in his side control but after a lot of effort I managed to gain guard back.  He unwrapped my gi and tried to brabo choke me with it.  I was able to weather the storm and get on top into his guard.  Skip to somehow I ended up in guard on bottom I went for an omma platta but we got a little stuck there.  I also had several attempts at an reverse armbar but instead of crunching in I was extending my body too much.  We were off the mat at this point and we stopped once Fuji got free and didn't continue after that. 

I rolled with Mike to close the night out and we were fast and furious in the beginning.  We went back and forth with top positions and I through in some deep half once or twice.  I really enjoy this type of rolling because it wasn't the pin down little movement and pressure type of rolling that usually happens with bigger guys, which I can be guilty of especially when I'm tired.  In the end I was in a good position with side control when I felt a little pinch in my knee.  It wasn't that bad but I decided to call it a day instead of continue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment