Friday, January 25, 2013

January 24th - Gi

Conan was busy building what looked like forts out of mats yesterday as we were stretching before class.  It turned out to be more like an obstacle course.  We low crawled under the fort and then jumped over the stack of mats.  We then did some dips and pushups using the mat stacks.  We then started in on some wrestling sit-outs and shooting up and down the floor.  I guess it was only a matter of time before we worked on standup again.  I did what I could and if I did any shooting just used my right knee to the floor.

We then went through shooting to sprawling to sit-out or recapturing the leg with a partner.  So pretty much a whole class on wrestling.  It turned out okay and I didn't go away with any pain.

During open mat I rolled with Erik.  Although he's been away for quite a while his size and experience still make him hard to deal with.  I struggled quite a bit from the bottom at first, had a couple successful reversals and a close omma platta.  I got to side control a couple of times using deep half guard and almost took his back at one point.  I was finally able to get him into another omma platta and with a lot of sliding and movement I finally got him to tap.  I had a huge forearm burn after this, my fingers all cramped up and had to sitout for the remainder of open mat as I stretched my wrist out.  It will be interesting if I roll with him again, as I probably won't get the same move.  While I never felt in trouble I did use too much energy fighting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment