Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 18th - Open Mat (Unaggressive)

Jerad and Mike were nice enough to hang out for a little while and roll with me.  After submitting Mike with a toe hold in my first role, they took turns dominating me from there.  I had my share of good moments but I spent a lot of time in side control/knee on belly. 

I'm still pretty hesitant to go to my knees, but this is probably my biggest problem and keeps me from being aggressive.  Before I had my injury this is what I was working on.  Trying to wrestle more and get up when I had the opportunity.  Another problem I have is that I want everything to be perfect and not waste any energy.  I don't think it's laziness at least I hope it's not.  I mostly feel like I'm doing it wrong if I use too much energy to do something.  I'll have to think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment