Monday, November 18, 2013

November 16th 2013 - Competition/Open Mat

Competition Class

I ended up missing Thursday and Friday classes due to a nasty cough.  Quite a bummer.  I went with my kids to the morning class and worked out with them and felt pretty good so decided to come back for the competition class.  I still have a bit of a cough but it's manageable.

We ended up with an odd number of students so Greg got creative.  He chose 5 different exercises each for a minute: lunges up and down the mat, Pushups, Guard Lifts, Guard Situps, and finally Burpees.  My thighs were burning by the end.  Will and I each drilled our 3 techniques for 4 minutes a piece.  Very tough class.

I had a pathetic tournament match against Fuji next.  He did a great job of snapping me down and I feel like I've got nothing against him from standing.  Once we were down he quickly passed my guard and worked me over using the brabo grip.  So frustrating.

Open Mat

John showed up for open mat and while everyone was wiped out I decided to oblige him in some rolling.  It wasn't difficult to not use strength because I had very little left.  I also rolled with Will and was able to setup a triangle near the beginning of the roll.  A technique I never am able to finish, but I took it as slow as possible and made sure to control his posture.  During our second roll he caught me in an armbar from guard.

Fuji and I did some more stand up.  This is not fun for me and is a little scary.  I'm mostly scared of landing wrong and getting hurt but I'm not sure if I'm overreacting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment