Friday, November 8, 2013

November 8th 2013 - Gi (I learned it from watching You!)

Theme & Techniques: Elbow Escape from Mount, Ezekiel in Mount

It started out with Air Force Brian and I this morning working on the mount escape.  Nothing terribly new for me here.  With the Ezekiel choke I did find out that Greg prefers to use the forearm more than the fist.  The fist has been working for me but when he said to try to lift both elbows off the floor, it made a lot of sense.  We choked each other quite a bit before Greg told us to chill out.
Rolling: Mount Position, Free Rolling

After a round of positional rolling Caesar showed up.  He wasn't sure why but he had in his head the class started at 7 instead of 6.  He joined us in free rolling after getting dressed.  I felt pretty good this morning even though I was a little sore from the night before.  

One awesome thing that occurred was at one point Greg used a deep underhook in a scramble and I used it to set up an omoplata.  He was able to escape but before he did I made the comment, "I learned that from watching you!"  For those of you that don't know it's a reference to an anti-drug commercial from my childhood.  I had some good rolls with Brian and Caesar as well.

I've been repeatedly viewing the video by Jason Scully below.  While it's not an instructional video, it provides a lot of possibilities in a short period of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment