Friday, October 23, 2015

October 23rd 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Shoulder Throw RNC Defense, Farside Armbar, Scissor Sweep from Guard
Partner: Ethan

Ethan was a pretty good partner, I haven't seen him around that much but he seems to have a natural ability.  Maybe he wrestled a bit previously. 

Unfortunately I tweaked my knee a bit while doing the farside armbar.  It doesn't hurt or anything just feels kind of tight.  I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it will heal up soon.  I'm thinking about doing the submission challenge tournament and want to get some good training in leading up to that.  Plus I want to lose 5 pounds at least so I'm not in the "and up" division (206 and up to be exact). 

Rolling: Guard Up/Down/Out, Side Control King Of the Mat
Rolled With: Conan, Craig, Ethan, David, Anthony, Justin

Since we had a large group I suggested up/down/out.  It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to do it.  I remember hitting one scissor sweep, which was difficult to setup as everyone was expecting it.  I had to use the knee push one.  I think I got around to rolling with everyone which was nice.

When we switched to side control I didn't get much of an opportunity to do the farside armbar.  I did see Ethan complete one though which was cool.  A couple times when I would bridge my knee felt a little off still so I decided to sit out of a couple rolls.  No pain but I didn't want to risk anything.  Now as I sit here writing this, it's a little tight but I'm walking without a limp so I think I'll be okay.

Office Hours Partner: Dave, Anthony

I saw a couple things for both Dave and Anthony in half guard.  They were getting an underhook but they were pretty shallow.  I went over getting it all the way to the shoulder and scooting the butt out so their weight isn't on you.

I helped Dave with some tournament prep and showed him some guard pulling and a drop seoi nage.  He seemed to take to the throw and I resisted a couple times and he was able to switch to pulling guard out of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment