Friday, October 9, 2015

October 9th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Straight Footlock and Defense
Students: Craig, Dave, Robert, Josh

Had the opportunity to teach today and was excited to do it as always.  Did a couple extra things with the warmup with some standup grip fighting and some throw fit-ins.

I felt like I taught the ankle lock well but I don't feel as confident with it as other technics. I thought about it after class and figured out the reason is that I haven't finished any straight ankle locks in sparring. I don't even try to set them up. So I don't have any good tidbits of advice to help people finish it like I do with other techniques. So my new mission is to improve this and other techniques from the beginner curriculum until I have practical knowledge of them.

I added the single leg x entry from butterfly for fun as another way to get to the ankle lock position. Although it was a little difficult to get to the ankle lock.

Rolling: Full Guard (2 x 2 min), Free Rolling (3 x 5 min)

I sat out for a lot of the rolling due to even number of partners. I did help with some coaching but nothing to really write about.

Had some good rolls with Dave and helped him through some stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment