Thursday, December 15, 2016

December 15th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Side Control: Tripod Escape, Kimura
Partner: Bob, Ben

Greg had Bob teach the throw of the week and I think he "threw" everyone for a loop.  The footwork especially was challenging for some.  Bob teaches to step to the top of the triangle with their feet making the other two angles of the triangle.  From there we meet them half way and pull them forward into us before bending our knees to get under them as we reach around their head and throw. 

Rolling: Side Control, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Bob, Jordan, Ben, Jess

Bob did a good job keeping me down in side control, 2 minutes wasn't enough for me to escape this time.  I melted my way into NS choke when it was my turn to be on top.  With Jordan and Ben I felt like I used a little more wrestling after getting the underhook from bottom side to come up on a single leg.  Feeling a little more confident with that.  Ben was fighting hard for grips and I felt like I had to turn up the intensity a bit to match him.  Jess was dog tired when he got to me.  I decided to start from the bottom and work on my escapes to hopefully catch a breather.

Office Hours Partner: Jess, Morgan

Jess had asked me about situp guard yesterday so I showed him a few things that I knew with the single leg and shin on shin to single leg-x.  I meant to show him the lapel stuff from Faria but we got off on a tangent about grip fighting and starting a roll in general.

Morgan asked for some help on SQL (database language) for his new job.  My SQL-Jitsu is strong since I work with it every day at work.  It is tough walking into an unfamiliar database though and trying to learn the schema.



No comments:

Post a Comment