Thursday, December 8, 2016

December 8th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Double Leg, Mount Americana, Side Control Bread Cutter
Partner: Jess

Light class today, must have been too cold for some people. Tips for this week's techniques:

  • Double Leg: After you have turned the corner I've been given the advice to try to look behind their back.
  • Americana: I like to use my head on the back of my hand to keep their arm pinned while I setup my grips.
  • Bread Cutter: Make sure you grab the collar with your hand under the collar, don't settle for the shoulder.


Rolling: Mount, Side Control, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jess, Daniel, Tom

Jess was able to bridge out of my mount the first roll so I took him more seriously after that. I think I missed an opportunity for the shin armbar.

I've noticed Daniel improving in his half guard. I'm having a hard time passing it at times.

I tried the moves of the day a few times but was only able to use them to setup other things.

Office Hours Partner: Tom

Tom has been doing great with his defense. We discussed this with Jerad yesterday as I remember going through a phase like this where I could give people a hard time submitting me but I also wasn't actively escaping at the same time. It's cool to see relative milestones in others.

We discussed the spiral armbar position from half guard and a couple of possibilities from there. Greg also showed me how to complete a bow and arrow when they've grabbed their collar above my grip. I needed to grab their hand with my free hand to change my grip to even higher than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment