Saturday, December 3, 2016

December 3rd 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Daniel, Greg, Will, Craig, Frank
Game Plan: Bottom - Loop Choke, Top - Spiral Armbar, Armbar with Shin across neck

Daniel: I suggested he drill Japanese necktie as an alternative to arm in guillotine from top half guard that he was having trouble with.  I drilled going to armbar from mount as they bridge to shin on neck.  I'm finding myself in this situation a lot lately and would like to defend it better.  We rolled a few times that.

Greg: We worked on a side control escape sequence that he got off of a video.  It's similar to escaping a kesa getami by swinging your legs, you then push on their armpit and eventually recover to a dog collar like grip and finally, butterfly.

Will: During our first roll, I ended up catching him in an inverted triangle that took a long time to finish. Afterward, we looked at my calf which had his ear imprinted on it.  We had another tough roll after that.

Craig: He's getting better at both maintaining and passing guard.  I realized this because I got a little frustration trying to pass his guard and maintain mine at other times.

Frank: We rolled no gi for a while and then discussed avoiding guard passes and some tips to maintain butterfly guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment