Friday, December 16, 2016

December 16th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Side Control: Tripod Escape, Kimura
Partner: Jess, Jesus

Another week of getting the beginner techniques taught by 3 different instructors.  The details were not too different between them though.  One thing that Conan emphasized during the kimura was to put armbar pressure to get the arm off of your shoulder by using the forearm and shoulder to straighten it.  We also discussed kizushi and I'm feeling like my Judo is getting better with the help of Judo Bob and trying to work on off balancing whenever I can.

Rolling: Side Control, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jesus, Jess

I feel like I should have been more insistent on escaping side control today.  I kind of protected myself until I saw my chance to escape, I feel like I need to jump on the escape faster at this point.  One of the good things about Jess is that he likes to go to turtle and I've gotten a lot of practice lately floating and staying in a dominant position and attacking the back.  I am working on moving to the finish after that though.   

No comments:

Post a Comment