Monday, June 17, 2013

June 15th - Open Mat (Hydration)

Highlights from Open mat Saturday:

Jerad: Started off on top with Jerad attacking as much as I could while it lasted.  I feel like I did a great job passing and keeping away from his stiff arm reversal, but I couldn't seem to set anything up sufficiently and eventually got swept.  We rolled a couple times and he submitted me both times.

Robert: It's been a little frustrating dealing with Robert the last couple times.  While I seem to get to the positions that I want to, I am unable to finish.  I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the RNC, because I can't seem to dig it in deep enough.  If I feel like it is, he's able to attack my other hand as I try to hook up to my bicep.  So, there's room for improvement there.

Ray: I know he's been trying to improve his standing passes and I'm happy to be the dummy for that.  I don't recall too much more of our match.

Greg: I feel like I'm getting worse instead of better going up against Greg lately.  It seemed like his goal during this particular roll was to go for back mount over and over again.  And, he did.  If I prevented that then he went to mount or side mount and then got back after that.  It was pretty ridiculous.


It was very humid Saturday which didn't help.  My Gi was soaked and I felt pretty wiped out.  We got on the topic of hydration as I was struggling to get changed.  I actually thought I was drinking plenty of water per day but apparently not.  So I'm more than doubling my intake and it seems like I've tripled my bathroom visits for the day.  In fact, typing that made me have to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment