Monday, June 3, 2013

June 1st - Open Mat

I know I say this a lot, but you have no idea how excited I get before going to Jiu-Jitsu class.  I could almost describe myself as giddy, but I won't.  It must seem pretty weird for people that don't do Jiu-Jitsu to read my blog because it probably seem like I'm getting beaten all the time and never have the satisfaction of winning.

I actually do a lot of thinking about that.  How can I get better more efficiently?  Should I focus on one technique or a group of techniques, or just hang back and keep my head down while I trudge on class after class?  There is no perfect answer, but I know I am getting better and due to my recent injury I'm just enjoying the process of recovering and improving.  My major focus right now is preparing for a visit from Tinguina (Greg's instructor), who will be here some time in July for a testing and seminar. So fundamentals are on my mind.

I rolled with everyone that was there: Eddie, David M, Jerad, Fuji, Ray, Bauer, and Adam.  I don't think I'm forgetting anyone.  I had some good moments and some bad.  I won't go into any details, but it was a great session with some great training partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment