Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 25th 2013 - Gi (Bachweek #7)

It was just as hot and humid as any other day in the past week.  Mike and I had a little warm-up slow rolling which was pretty fun.  After the regular warm-up we worked on the basic reversal from mount and regaining guard from side control as precursors to the 8 minute drill.  I was having a bit of a problem with the side mount but after being told to bridge more and use my arms a little more it came together a lot better.

Mike was my partner for the 8 minute drill.  2 minutes in each position doesn't seem as tough as it once did.  I probably am worst at attacking Mike from the mount.  I don't feel like I can get low enough to take up the space between us.  Side control I did a little better staying close although it was still difficult.  We had quite a battle from back mount where I struggled to get an armbar for quite a while, we rolled around a bit and just when I was straightening his arm the timer went off.  I also rolled with Adam and Stanley.

I think my body is ready for a couple days of rest.  I held together pretty well for this long week despite it being so hot and two classes in a row was both mentally and physically tough.  I iced my knees after every practice and while I did have some discomfort and pain occasionally I never was worried about injuring myself.  One take away is that I'm going to try to up my pace during class.  Knowing that I can somewhat make it through a second class makes me think I can give a little more in a single class.  Greg and I talked about some things I need to improve on and he made that comment that I need to fight for every inch.  I think I get what he means, there are times when I give up when things start to go south and I accept a bad position and reset before I start fighting again.  I need to fight back sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment