Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 22nd 2013 - Open Mat (Batchweek #5)

I'm still bachen it up until Wednesday.  It's been a great experience so far and has given me great respect for people that are able to train several hours a day.  

I rolled with the two Jerads, Bryan, and Bauer.  Greg was there too but we didn't get the opportunity to go.  I went no-gi the whole session.

My rolls with the roommates Jerad and Bryan were very similar.  I mostly played guard and swept when I could but they were both pretty slippery at getting out of my positions.  I should have probably put more pressure on in side control.  I did however switch sides a lot which was working well for me.  I was also able to implement the kimura to help improve my position a few times.  I ended up stalemating quite a bit with both of them but did end up with some armbars eventually.

Bauer and I had our usual battle.  He smashed me well from half guard for quite a while and set up a pretty nice armbar during one of my escape attempts.  Jerad took it to me as usual and setup a really nice darce by tricking me into going to my knees and then locking up his hands.  I've been avoiding that choke from him for a long time, maybe he's picking up some new tricks to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment