Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 18th - Gi (Bachweek #2)

Another hot and humid day at Lincoln BJJ.  It turned out that Greg had gotten violently sick the night before so he had Jerad teach class last night. 

Jerad had us focus on the standing guard break to bullfighter pass that we recently worked on.  We took the pass in small chunks which is perfect for learning/perfecting a technique.  We worked on the grab and push the sleeve first with the stand-up to posture.  Next we added in the break and getting good position, and finally we added the pass.  We also isolated the pass by itself for some extra work on the bullfighter.  Bauer was my partner for this exercise.

We moved on to king of the mat starting from closed guard.  I did pretty well against most people, but Mike is an animal from closed guard.  At least against me he seemed to have an answer for everything I tried.  My goto has been to do the armpit grab and sit way back and low, he took complete advantage of that where most would allow me to stand-up and work the knee in he took a higher guard than I would have liked and armbarred me.  I'll have to figure out what I did wrong.

We did a couple rounds of free rolling and I ended up with Bauer first.  He must have been wiped out because he allowed me to do a lot of things he doesn't normally.  Kudos to him for sticking it out instead of quitting but I'm not going to count any of those submissions against our vendetta.  I rolled with new guy Brian next and he caught me in a pretty good triangle.  That shouldn't happen.  I kept calm and defended it properly and eventually he let it go, but good on him for going for it.  Other than that I took it pretty easy and tried to work on things I'm not good at.

With 2 days in the books I'm looking forward to 2 classes tonight.  I'm prepared with 2 gi tops, one for each class.  Water consumption is going well, and I'm actually not bothered by drinking so much.  I do need to take care of my fingers tonight, as they are a little sore from gi grabs.  I'm going to have to tape them up a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment