Monday, September 23, 2013

September 21st 2013 - Open Mat

My little Jiu-Jitsu Guys
I took my boys to kids class this morning and they ended up being the only ones in attendance. They still had a blast.  Greg and Jerad had them do some animal walking (shrimping, crab, bear, scorpion).  Jace was doing great at shrimping, I was very impressed.  They also played games like foot tag and another game called sumo wrestling.  Finally they worked on the hip bump sweep, which may have been a little too difficult, but eventually they got the gist of it.

I showed up again later for open mat.  It didn't turn out to be my day, as I spent almost all of my time on the bottom.  I rolled with Ray, Greg, and Mike and didn't do much with any of them in the way of offense.  Ray was very difficult to deal with as usual, he puts on a lot of pressure and doesn't let up.  Greg was very different and much more fun to roll with, he allows me to move and always seems to be springing a trap for me.  Mike had my number yesterday.  At one time I thought we were on equal ground, but his technique has exceeded my size advantage as of late.  He mentioned that I need to get more escapes from mount and side mount in my repertoire because I try the same few over and over.

The whole session brought me down a little bit.  I didn't really feel like did anything particularly well, which is different from the way I feel after class lately.  I have to remind myself that Jiu-Jitsu is a marathon and I'm in it for the long haul.  I'll have good and bad days, but I just need to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment